ISIPOD CubeSat Deployer
Price on request
- The ISIPOD is available in 1U, 2U, 3U and custom versions (e.g. 4U*, 5U* or additions such as a 0.5U)
- Can be used for both dedicated 3U CubeSat launches and for shared CubeSat launches consisting of a combination of smaller-sized CubeSats (e.g. 2 x 1.5U, or 1U+2U, or 3x1U)
- One side of the ISIPOD allows for access to the integrated CubeSat. This is the side that is used for mounting the ISIPOD, and can be removed entirely; the entire area between the guide rails over the entire CubeSat length can be accessed.
- The ISIPOD inner additional envelope is 10.0 [mm] which allows for CubeSats to extend in lateral directions up to 9.0 [mm]**Compared to 6,5 [mm] of the CalPoly CubeSat interface standard.
- Does not rely on a battery pack, does not need power to stay closed; charging is not necessary.
- The Status System relies on redundant implemented deployment status switches.
- Compatible with most launch vehicle pyro pulse signals to operate its electrical actuator. This is a non-explosive device which is testable, resetable and reusable without refurbishments.
- Flight Heritage since 2013 on PSLV, Antares, Soyuz, Dnepr, LM-2D, Atlas5
The ISIPOD is an affordable 3U European launch adapter developed by ISIS for use with its launch services to accommodate CubeSats onboard a large variety of launch vehicles. Yet it can also be purchased separately in case a CubeSat developer has arranged a launch independently. By design, the ISIPOD provides simple, well-defined interfaces with the CubeSats internally and with the launch vehicle externally. During the launch, the CubeSats are fully enclosed by the ISIPOD and are only dispensed upon the signal by the launch vehicle.
|Nominal Payload Mass:||3kg|
|Maximum Payload Mass:||6kg|
|Outside envelope:||3U ISIPOD: 414.1 x 130.3 x 180.8 mm|
|Inner Envelope (CubeSat envelope):||100 x 100 x 340.5 mm|
|Connectors (on ISIPOD):||Release System: Male DSUB9 Connector|
|Status System: Female DSUB9 Connector|
|Release System operating values:||Typical Actuation Voltage = 28 V (Range ± 4 V)|
|Typical Current Consumption = 1.75 A|
|Typical Pulse Duration = 250 ms|
|Thermal Range:||Tsurvive_min: – 50 °C|
|Toperation_min: – 35 °C|
|Toperation_max: + 80 °C|
|Tsurvive_max: + 90 °C|
|Qualification Levels:||Quasi Static Load = 15.0 g|
|Sine Vibration = 4.0 g 10 Hz to 100 Hz|
|Random Vibration = 14.1 grms @ 3 sigma|
|Shock Load = 20 g @100 Hz; 2000 g @ 2 kHz; 6000 g @ 8 kHz|
|Fn greater than 90 Hz|
*Levels available on request, ECSS/NASA GEVS compatible