Full Ground Station Kit for S-band
With its small satellite S-band downlink ground station ISIS offers a turnkey solution that is specifically designed for small satellites in Low Earth Orbit using S-band radio frequencies. The ground station can autonomously track selected satellites by using a steerable antenna system. This complete kit includes all hardware and software to get up-and-running quickly.
- Instrumentation Rack containing:
- ISIS S-band ground station receiver
- Rack mount PC with Local Ground Station (LGS) software
- Rotator Controller
- Cavity filters to suppress UMTS interferences.
- Standard Software
- Satellite tracking software pre-installed
- Autonomous tracking with scheduler
- Debian/GNU LINUX operating system pre-installed
- Steerable Antenna System
- Azimuth and elevation rotators with speed up to 6° /sec.
- Hot-dip galvanized steel mounting mast
- 3m mesh dish with helix feed, LNA and cavity filters for S-band (2200 – 2290 MHz or 2400 – 2450 MHz)
- Lightning protection system
- 20m of cable between 19″rack and antenna included in price
- Remote Operations
- It is possible to configure and control the ground station remotely through the internet.
- Educational value
- A small ground station also provides an opportunity to provide hands-on educational projects with a focus on telecommunications on technical schools and Universities.
|S-band Receiver noise figure:||0.9 dBi|
|S-band antenna gain 3m:||35.4dBi|
|Downlink modulation:||Raised-Cosine BPSK, AFSK, FSK, GMSK|
|Uplink modulation:||AFSK, FSK, BPSK (only VHF/UHF)|
|Az/EL rotor accuracy:||~ 0.1 deg|
|Power supply:||110V or 230V AC (selectable) 50/60 Hz|
Can you perform a site survey?
Yes, we can send one of our team members to evaluate the site.
What are the requirements for the on-site installation?
Detailed requirements can be provided on demand. Please contact us for more information as local regulations may vary.
Do your Ground stations have any redundancy mode?
Our ground stations do not have built-in redundancy. However, the ground station comes with a detailed maintenance manual and we can provide maintenance training such that any issues with the transceiver, rotor controller or amplifier, for example, are reduced to the minimum. We can also provide a spare parts kit to allow quick replacement and to minimize downtime. Note that we can also provide an early maintenance service performed by our qualified engineers, which comes with a 1-warranty and support.
Can we plug our own software application to send and receive data from/to the ground stations?
Dedicated TCP/IP sockets are made available for your own software integration.
Are the ground stations resistant to a harsh environment?
The ISISPACE ground station can be weatherized for a humid environment and heated for sub-zero temperatures.