In a fast-growing nanosatellite market, we are looking for an experienced Systems Engineer to reinforce our Systems Engineering team. As a Space Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for all technical aspects of a nanosatellite space mission project. You will work in a small and highly motivated team and work closely with Project Managers, Subsystem experts, the Assembly, Integration and Verification team, the Operations team and the Marketing and Sales team.
Your main responsibilities:
• Execution and coordination of design activities of a mission feasibility study
• Initial customer interaction and technical side of marketing and sales
• Preliminary and detailed system level design
• Technical management and coordination of project team including external project partners
• Preparation for internal manufacture and procurement
• Definition of the verification and test phase, hands-on test execution
• Satellite operations support and in-orbit verification
Furthermore, inputs to subsystem R&D, platform and mission development roadmaps are required as well as contributing to internal process development.
• >5 years work experience and an MSc. degree in Systems, Mechanical, Electrical and/or Software Engineering, preferably in Space Systems, Subsystems or Instruments
• Proven exposure to the full lifecycle of a complex system
• Energetic team player with a positive and open mindset within an international and multicultural environment
• Excellent and straightforward communication skills (in English and preferably also in Dutch)
• A great sense of responsibility and commitment
• A strategic and analytical mind
• A solution-driven work ethic, willing to go the extra mile if needed.
• Experience with working in nanosatellite projects
• Experience with leading a technical team
• Experience with customer interaction and business development
• Experience with mission analysis
So, if you are ambitious, want to work in a challenging environment, and consider this position to match your professional experience and background as well as your personal interests, do not hesitate and send your CV and motivation letter via e-mail to: email@example.com no later than the 31st of December 2021.