In a fast-growing nanosatellite market, we are looking for an experienced Systems Engineer to reinforce our Systems Engineering team. As a Space Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for all technical aspects of a nanosatellite space mission project. You will work in a small and highly motivated team and work closely with Project Managers, Subsystem experts, the Assembly, Integration and Verification team, the Operations team and the Marketing and Sales team.
Your main responsibilities:
- Execution and coordination of design activities of a mission feasibility study
- Initial customer interaction and technical side of marketing and sales
- Requirement management throughout the project life cycle
- Preliminary and detailed system-level design including mission and budget analyses
- Technical management and coordination of the project team including external project partners
- Preparation for internal manufacture and procurement
- Definition of the verification and test phase, hands-on test execution
- Satellite operations support and in-orbit verification
- Contributing to internal (systems engineering) process development.
- 2+ years of work experience and an MSc. Degree in Systems, Mechanical, Electrical and/or Software Engineering, but preferably in Space Systems, Subsystems or Instruments or a BSc. in a similar field plus 4+ years of relevant experience
- Proven exposure to the full lifecycle of a complex (small) satellite system
- Already living in the EU, no additional permits are required
- Available from August/September 2023
- Energetic team player with a positive and open mindset within an international and multicultural environment
- Excellent and straightforward communication skills (in English and preferably also in Dutch)
- A great sense of responsibility and commitment
- A strategic and analytical mind
- A solution-driven work ethic.
- Experience with working on nanosatellite projects
- Experience with leading a technical team
- Experience with customer interaction and business development
- Experience with project management.
If you are a team player, enjoy the achievement of meeting targets with your colleagues in a challenging environment, and consider this position to match your professional experience and background as well as your personal interests, please do send your CV and motivation letter via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.