Technical Sales Engineer
Posted on Friday, April 26th, 2019
ISIS – Innovative Solutions In Space BV is a leading company in the small satellite market specialized in realizing innovative turn-key missions including launch and operations for in-orbit delivery. Founded in 2006, ISIS operates globally and serves customers worldwide in accomplishing their space missions and applications. Currently, ISIS employs over 90 specialist employees from 25 different nationalities. Our main offices are in Delft, The Netherlands.
In a fast-growing nanosatellite market, ISIS offers a broad portfolio of miniaturized components and subsystems that are used in our own satellite missions and sold as standalone products to customers globally, for a wide variety of applications from testing out new technologies or concepts in space, to atmospheric and climate monitoring, Internet of Things and deep space research.
As Technical Sales Manager, you’ll combine your technical knowledge with your interpersonal skills to build relationships and help customers achieve their goals, leveraging ISIS’ products and services. You are responsible for the sales and promotion of our CubeSat product lines, ranging from avionics modules, structures and mechanisms, to solar panels and ground stations. You are in direct contact with customers and will participate in our marketing and business development activities and events in close cooperation with the rest of our marketing and sales team.
Your main responsibilities:
- Coordinate CubeSat product sales, from sales lead response to product delivery
- Develop an expert understanding of our product and services portfolio
- Understand customer requirements and convey how our products and services may help customers in achieving their objectives and realize their mission
- Develop key accounts, maintain and build on relationships with existing accounts
- Maintain up-to-date customer information in our CRM system
- Keep track of competitor’s products and market needs
- Provide feedback on market developments as input to marketing and product development directions
- Represent the company at relevant (inter)national exhibits and conferences
- Technical background with a degree in a relevant engineering field (BEng, BSc, or MSc)
- Strong communication skills, verbal and in writing, in English (Dutch and/or other languages recommended)
- Good with planning, pro-active, accurate, able to cope with a dynamic environment
- Willingness to travel and participate in company industry exhibits, customer visits etc.
- Creative, out-of-the-box mentality to find out discretely what a customer wants and needs.
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience
- Affinity with space and satellite engineering
- Experience with CubeSat or Nanosatellite technology
- Experience with sales and customer relations
If you are a team player, like to work in a dynamic and challenging environment, enjoy the achievement of meeting targets with your colleagues, and consider this position to match your professional experience and background as well as your personal interests, do send your CV and motivation letter until the 26th May via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org