System AIT engineer (Full Time)
Posted on Thursday, June 14th, 2018
ISIS – Innovative Solutions In Space BV is an ambitious and dynamic company in the space sector and located in Delft, The Netherlands. ISIS develops and offers products and services for the space sector, with a focus on small satellites. The company has a strong international focus, and is a systems integrator of CubeSat and nanosatellite (<25kg) platforms. Currently, ISIS employs over 90 mechanical, electronic, software, embedded and space systems engineers.
As System AIT engineer at ISIS you will be responsible for the system level integration and test activities of satellite projects. You will be assigned to perform the definition, organization, coordination, and execution of associated functional and environmental test campaigns. To do so you will interface closely with Systems Engineers, Design Engineers, Test Operators and the PA/QA team. Great organizational skills and solid theoretical, as well as practical knowledge of electronics, are required. Experience with mechanical engineering and environmental test standards (e.g. ECSS, MIL-STD) will be considered an asset. Moreover, a proactive attitude and awareness of quality, as well as project deadlines, is expected. As a MAIV team member, you will contribute to the continuous improvement of the System AIT phase by proposing and introducing changes to streamline the process.
The MAIV team is a dynamic team where last-minute work is not rare and problems need to be solved on the spot. A high standard of quality must be a second nature.
Your main responsibilities:
- Deliver flight ready satellite systems and ensure their functionality, performance and flight readiness
- Plan and coordinate the System AIT phase of satellite programs (including internal and external tests)
- Prepare, execute and control system level integration and tests (including functional, performance and environmental testing)
- Prepare SAIT documentation
- Consult the Systems Engineer and Design Engineers in design decisions form a SAIT point of view
- Support the Systems Engineer in the detailed electrical design (harness definition and integration instructions)
- Report test results to the Systems Engineer, Project Manager and PA/QA responsible
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in electrical engineering or a related field
- 5 years of hands-on system level test and integration experience in a comparable technical environment
- Solid organizational, analytical and reporting skills
- Proactive attitude to solving problems while safeguarding high quality standards
- Proficient in English (speaking / reading / writing)
- Excellent communication skills combined with an energetic, positive team player mentality
- Knowledge of and practical experience with mechanical engineering
- Knowledge of and practical experience with RF testing
- Knowledge of and practical experience with Python programming
- Familiarity with environmental test standards (e.g. ECSS, MIL-STD )
So, if you are ambitious, want to work in a challenging environment, and consider this position to match your professional experience and background as well as your personal interests do not longer hesitate and send your CV and motivation letter via e-mail to email@example.com.