Space Systems Engineer (Full-Time)
Posted on Thursday, November 12th, 2020
ISIS – Innovative Solutions In Space BV is a leading company in the small satellite market specialized in realizing innovative turn-key missions including launch and operations for in-orbit delivery. Founded in 2006, ISIS operates globally and serves customers worldwide in accomplishing their space missions and applications. Currently, ISIS employs over 100 specialist employees from 25 different nationalities. Our main offices are in Delft, The Netherlands.
In a fast-growing nanosatellite market, we are looking for an experienced Space Systems Engineer to reinforce our Systems Engineering team. As a Space Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for all technical aspects of a nanosatellite space mission project. You will work in a small and highly motivated team and work closely with Project Managers, Subsystem experts, the Assembly, Integration and Verification team, Operations team and the Marketing and Sales team.
Your main responsibilities:
- Execution and coordination of design activities of a mission feasibility study
- Initial customer interaction and technical side of marketing and sales
- Preliminary and detailed system level design
- Technical management and coordination of project team including external project partners
- Preparation for internal manufacture and procurement
- Definition of the verification and test phase, hands-on test execution
- Satellite operations support and in-orbit verification
Furthermore, inputs to subsystem R&D, platform and mission development roadmaps are required as well as contributing to internal process development.
- >5 years work experience and an MSc. degree in Systems, Mechanical, Electrical and/or Software Engineering, preferably in Space Systems, Subsystems or Instruments
- Proven exposure to the full lifecycle of a complex system
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team within an international and multicultural environment
- Proficient in English (speaking / reading / writing)
- Excellent communication skills, team spirit and flexibility
- Experience with working in nanosatellite projects
- Experience with leading a technical team
- Experience with customer interaction and business development
- Experience with mission analysis
If you are ambitious, want to work in a challenging environment, and feel this position matches your professional experience and background as well as your personal interests, do not hesitate to apply. Please send your CV and motivation letter via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 13 December 2020.