Senior Mechanical Engineer (fulltime)
Posted on Monday, July 20th, 2020
ISIS – Innovative Solutions In Space BV is a leading company in the small satellite market specialized in realizing innovative turn-key missions including launch and operations for in-orbit delivery. Founded in 2006, ISIS operates globally and serves customers worldwide in accomplishing their space missions and applications. Currently, ISIS employs over 90 specialist employees from 25 different nationalities. Our main offices are in Delft, The Netherlands.
You will be part of the Mechanical Team at ISIS, participating in the development of new R&D projects and supporting the current product lines. You will have to work together with the various disciplines within the company such as electronics, AOCS, software, system engineering and the production department to deliver products ordered by our customers on time and within specifications. In addition, you act as a versatile, experienced engineer that can support projects where needed.
Your main responsibilities:
- Design and development of new products and satellite platforms
- Support for ISIS product lines and ongoing projects
- Production of CAD models and manufacturing drawings
- Build and test prototypes and engineering models
- Reporting and technical documentation
- Contributing to standardize and harmonize team activities
- Demonstrable experience (5+years) in aerospace industry or other high-tech industry
- Proficient in English (speaking / reading / writing)
- Ability to work independently and flexible in working times when the job requires this
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Experience with CAD software (preferably CREO/ProEngineer)
- Familiarity with ECSS and other industry standards
- Familiarity with environmental testing (vibration, thermal cycling, shock testing and vacuum testing)
- Familiarity with mechanical analysis (structural and thermal)
- Experience in hands-on satellite projects
- Experience in small satellite engineering
- Affinity for hands-on work
So, if you are ambitious, want to work in a challenging environment, and consider this position to match your professional experience and background as well as your personal interests, do not hesitate and send your CV and motivation letter via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the 19th of August 2020.
Due to the current international COVID-19 measures and the related travel restrictions, we unfortunately have to limit our search to candidates from countries that are approved for travel. We use the Dutch governmental travel-information website (www.nederlandwereldwijd.nl) for up-to-date travel information, and base our selection process on the restrictions as listed here. Please check this website for the status of your country before applying. We hope you understand our decision in this matter, and wish you good health. Stay safe.