Satellite Operations Engineer
Posted on Thursday, April 11th, 2019
ISIS – Innovative Solutions In Space BV is an ambitious and dynamic company in the space sector and located in Delft, The Netherlands. ISIS develops and offers products and services for the space sector, with a focus on small satellites. The company has a strong international focus, and is a systems integrator of CubeSat and nanosatellite (<25kg) platforms. Currently, ISIS employs over 90 mechanical, electronic, software, embedded and space systems engineers.
2 positions, fulltime or at least 0.8 FTE
You will be supporting ISIS in operating its own satellites on a day to day basis as well as supporting our customers with commissioning and continuous operations of the satellite missions ISIS implements on their behalf. This includes both long term, routine operations of our growing fleet of satellites as well as more intense, unpredictable commissioning activities of newly launched satellites. Secondary tasks may include involvement in satellite operations ground segment improvement, involvement with mission design from an operations point of view, and training activities of customers for operations.
This activity requires a close collaboration with the ISIS satellite missions team(s) and the internal R&D team for our ground segment. Furthermore, you will be part of the team that is in close contact with customers.
Your main responsibilities:
• Day to day satellite operations for all current active missions of ISIS and its customers
• Commissioning of new satellites upon launch
• Mission preparation of the relevant ground segment prior to launch
• Continuous improvement of operations procedures and ground segment infrastructure and tools
• BSc or BEng degree in software engineering, telecommunications or aerospace engineering
• 1-5 year of working experience in the aerospace sector
• Understanding of spacecraft avionics architecture
• Understanding of ground systems and facility to support spacecraft operations
• Proficient in English (speaking / reading / writing)
• Ability to work independently and are flexible in working times when the job requires it
• Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
• Experience in a similar role in the aerospace sector is a plus
• Available from July 2019
So, if you are ambitious, want to work in a challenging environment, and consider this position to match your professional experience and background as well as your personal interests, do not hesitate and send your CV and motivation letter via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the 12th of May 2019.