Mechanical Team Leader
Posted on Tuesday, June 4th, 2019
ISIS – Innovative Solutions In Space BV is a leading company in the small satellite market specialized in realizing innovative turn-key missions including launch and operations for in-orbit delivery. Founded in 2006, ISIS operates globally and serves customers worldwide in accomplishing their space missions and applications. Currently, ISIS employs over 90 specialist employees from 25 different nationalities. Our main offices are in Delft, The Netherlands.
You will be working as Lead Mechanical Engineer at ISIS. This entails the management of the mechanical engineering team on a day to day basis (at least 50% of the time) by means of team member coaching, allocating team members to projects, holding regular meetings, performing regular evaluation of team members, amongst others. In addition, you will act as a versatile, experienced engineer that can support projects where needed.
This activity requires close collaboration with the ISIS management team, other team leads and project managers. You will also form the key interface of the team to the sales and after sales engineers for mechanical engineering support.
Your main responsibilities:
• Coordination and implementation of specific skill development within the team, including cross-training, coaching of team members
• Hosting regular team meetings and a general point of contact for work-related aspects for team members
• Identification of capability and capacity mismatches
• Coordination of workload and tasks for projects in support of project managers
• Performance evaluation of team members
• Allocation of people to projects upon requests from project management
• Management and coordination of small internal team (R&D) projects
• Selection of new recruits
• Checking hours and coordination of vacation and leave requests
• MSc (WO), or BEng (HBO) degree in mechanical engineering or aerospace engineering
• 5+ year of relevant working experience in R&D environment/high-tech development and small series industry
• Experience with mechanical engineering within multidisciplinary environments and organizations
• Excellent communication, leadership and conflict management skills
• Experience in team management and coaching as well as team spirit
• Ability to work independently and flexible in working times when the job requires this
• Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
• Proficient in English (speaking / reading / writing)
• Experience in small satellite engineering
• Hands on experience on CubeSat projects and platform support
• Space environmental testing experience
• Knowledge of CAD (CREO), FEM (Simulate) and thermal (ThermXL, ESATAN) simulation tools
So, if you are ambitious, want to work in a challenging environment, and consider this position to match your professional experience and background as well as your personal interests, do not hesitate and send your CV and motivation letter via e-mail to email@example.com no later than the 1st of July 2019.