Laboratory and Technical Facilities Support Engineer
Posted on Tuesday, May 14th, 2019
ISIS – Innovative Solutions In Space BV is a leading company in the small satellite market specialized in realizing innovative turn-key missions including launch and operations for in-orbit delivery. Founded in 2006, ISIS operates globally and serves customers worldwide in accomplishing their space missions and applications. Currently, ISIS employs over 90 specialist employees from 25 different nationalities. Our main offices are in Delft, The Netherlands.
You will be supporting ISIS in operating its own development and production laboratories, cleanroom and environmental test facilities on a day to day basis. In addition, you will be responsible for the management of the test equipment pool, planning of training of staff and maintenance and calibration of all equipment and facilities. Secondary tasks may include involvement in support project teams in test execution, coordinating access to external technical facilities and contributing to the long-term plan for facility investments.
This activity requires a close collaboration with the ISIS satellite missions team(s) and the internal R&D team for our ground segment. Furthermore, you will be part of the team that is in close contact with customers.
Your main responsibilities:
- scheduling and maintaining labs and technical facilities
- managing equipment pool and supporting users
- scheduling and maintaining cleanroom and environmental test facilities
- involved in cleanroom and lab training
- involved in equipment and facilities investment plans
- involved in test setup development and test automation
- Vocational (MBO) or BEng (HBO) degree in relevant technical domain
- 1-5 year of working experience in R&D environment or high-tech development and small series industry
- Experience with hardware, measurement equipment and technical facilities
- Experience with basic servicing of (electronic) equipment
- Experience with test automation and relevant programming languages (e.g. Python)
- Understanding of the fundamentals of calibration and measurement uncertainties
- Proficient in English (speaking / reading / writing)
- Ability to work independently and are flexible in working times when the job requires it
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Experience in managing and maintaining a cleanroom and environmental test facilities is a plus
- Available from July/August 2019
So, if you are ambitious, want to work in a challenging environment, and consider this position to match your professional experience and background as well as your personal interests, do not hesitate and send your CV and motivation letter via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the 15th of June 2019.