Junior System AIT Engineer (Full-Time)
Posted on Friday, November 13th, 2020
ISIS – Innovative Solutions In Space BV is a leading company in the small satellite market specialized in realizing innovative turn-key missions including launch and operations for in-orbit delivery. Founded in 2006, ISIS operates globally and serves customers worldwide in accomplishing their space missions and applications. Currently, ISIS employs over 100 specialist employees from 25 different nationalities. Our main offices are in Delft, The Netherlands.
As Junior System AIT Engineer at ISIS you will be supporting the system level integration and test activities of satellite projects. You will be a part of the team performing the definition, organization, coordination and execution of associated functional and environmental test campaigns. To do so you will interface closely with Systems Engineers, Design Engineers, Test Operators, the PA/QA team and fellow SAIT engineers. Great organizational skills and solid theoretical as well as practical knowledge of electronics are required. Experience with mechanical engineering and environmental test standards (e.g. ECSS, MIL-STD) will be considered an asset. Moreover, a proactive attitude and awareness of quality as well as project deadlines is expected. As an SAIT team member you will contribute to the continuous improvement of the System AIT phase by proposing and introducing changes to streamline the process.
The SAIT team is a dynamic team where last-minute work is not rare and problems need to be solved on the spot. A high standard of quality must be a second nature.
Your main responsibilities:
• Deliver flight ready satellite systems and ensure their functionality, performance and flight readiness
• Support the execution of the System AIT phase of satellite programs (including internal and external tests)
• Assist in preparation, execution and control of system level integration and tests (including functional, performance and environmental testing)
• Prepare SAIT documentation including test procedures, test reports, and issue reporting
• Consult the Systems Engineer and Design Engineers in design decisions from an SAIT point of view
• Support the Systems Engineer in the detailed electrical design (harness definition and integration instructions)
• Report test results to the Systems Engineer, Project Manager and PA/QA responsible
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in electrical engineering or a related field
• Hands-on system level test and integration experience in a comparable technical environment
• Solid organizational, analytical and reporting skills
• Proactive attitude to solving problems while safeguarding high quality standards
• Proficient in English (speaking / reading / writing)
• Excellent communication skills combined with an energetic, positive team player mentality
• Knowledge of and practical experience with mechanical engineering
• Knowledge of and practical experience with RF testing
• Knowledge of and practical experience with Python programming
• Familiarity with environmental test standards (e.g. ECSS, MIL-STD)
If you are ambitious, want to work in a challenging environment, and feel this position matches your professional experience and background as well as your personal interests, do not hesitate to apply. Please send your CV and motivation letter via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the 19th of December 2020.