Embedded Software Engineer (Full Time)
Posted on Thursday, November 22nd, 2018
ISIS – Innovative Solutions In Space BV is an ambitious and dynamic company in the space sector and located in Delft, The Netherlands. ISIS develops and offers products and services for the space sector, with a focus on small satellites. The company has a strong international focus, and is a systems integrator of CubeSat and nanosatellite (<25kg) platforms. Currently, ISIS employs over 90 mechanical, electronic, software, embedded and space systems engineers.
In a fast-growing nanosatellite market, ISIS offers a broad portfolio of miniaturized components and subsystems that are both used in ISIS designed satellites and sold as standalone products to customers globally. Our challenging CubeSat and nanosat missions are used for a wide variety of purposes, for example testing out new technologies in space, atmospheric and climate monitoring, Internet of Things as well as deep space research.
As Software Engineer you will design, develop and verify (flight) software for our nanosatellites and subsystems. You like to work in multidisciplinary project teams and you will take that extra step to get things done when necessary.
Your main responsibilities:
• Design, development, and verification of the CDHS (Command and Data Handling System) flight software for nanosatellites.
• Design, development, and verification of embedded software for different nanosatellite subsystems.
• Writing technical documentation such as requirements specification, test procedures, software and system documentation.
• Supporting the marketing department with technical support questions from our customers.
• Bachelor or Master’s degree in computer science / Computer Engineering / Embedded Systems, or equivalent.
• At least 2 years of relevant working experience.
• Thorough knowledge of C programming language.
• Experience with data-interface standards such as I2C, UART, SPI.
• Experience with microcontrollers (PIC, MSP430, ARM) and associated IDEs.
• Experience with version control.
• Practical experience with digital electronics.
• Professional personal communication in English.
• Experience in flight software development for spacecraft is a plus.
• Experience with FreeRTOS is a plus.
• Experience with C++, Python is a plus.
So, if you are ambitious, want to work in a challenging environment, and consider this position to match your professional experience and background, as well as your personal interests, do not longer hesitate and send your CV and motivation letter via e-mail to email@example.com