Assembly & Integration Technician (Full Time)
Posted on Wednesday, August 21st, 2019
ISIS – Innovative Solutions In Space BV is a leading company in the small satellite market specialized in realizing innovative turn-key missions including launch and operations for in-orbit delivery. Founded in 2006, ISIS operates globally and serves customers worldwide in accomplishing their space missions and applications. Currently, ISIS employs over 90 specialist employees from 25 different nationalities. Our main offices are in Delft, The Netherlands.
In a fast-growing nanosatellite market, ISIS offers a broad portfolio of miniaturized components and subsystems that are both used in ISIS designed satellites as well as sold as standalone products to customers globally. Our challenging CubeSat and nanosat missions are used for a wide variety of purposes, for example testing out new technologies in space, atmospheric and climate monitoring, Internet of Things and deep space research.
As an Assembly and Integration Technician, you will be responsible for the mechanical assembly and integration of a variety of ISIS standard products. You will also be involved in acceptance testing and functional testing of these products before delivery to the customer. You must be able to design support equipment in order to improve the production process continuously.
Your main responsibilities:
- Mechanical assembly and integration of ISIS standard products in the Assembly Integration and Verification chain
- Maintaining assembly and integration manuals
- Assisting the technical specialists during environmental tests of satellites
- Supporting the R&D team during prototyping activities
- Developing support and production tooling
- Vocational (MBO) Precision Mechanics (Fijnmechanica) or Mechanical Engineering
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience in a comparable technical environment
- Proficient in English (at least Level B in speaking / reading / writing)
- Experience with small scale production
- Problem-solving skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word/Excel)
- Affinity with space systems
- Energetic team player with a positive and proactive mindset
- Good communication skills
- Comfortable in a multi-disciplinary and dynamic atmosphere
- ‘Get it done’ mentality
- Continuous improvement
So, if you are ambitious, want to work in a challenging environment, and consider this position to match your professional experience and background, as well as your personal interests, do not longer hesitate and send your CV and motivation letter via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the 30th of September 2019.