This position is a combined function of managing our mechanical engineering team on a day-to-day basis (for about 50% of the time) and engineering (for the remaining 50%). In your role as Team Lead, you support your team by providing team member coaching, allocating team members to projects, holding regular meetings, performing regular evaluation of team members, amongst others. As an engineer, you will use your experience in supporting our projects where needed.
This activity requires a close collaboration with the ISISPACE management team, other team leads and project managers. You will also form the key interface of the team to the sales and after sales engineers for mechanical engineering support.
• Excellent and straightforward communication skills (in English and preferably also in Dutch)
• Experience in team management and coaching as well as team spirit and open mindset
• A solution driven work ethic, willing to go the extra mile if needed.
• MSc (WO), or BEng (HBO) degree in mechanical engineering or aerospace engineering
• 5+ year of relevant working experience in R&D environment/high-tech development and small series industry
• Experience with mechanical engineering within multidisciplinary environments and organizations
• Excellent leadership and conflict management skills
• Ability to work independently and flexible in working times when the job requires this
• Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
• Experience in small satellite engineering
• Hands on experience on CubeSat projects and platform support
• Space environmental testing experience
• Knowledge of CAD (CREO), FEM (Simulate, Nastran) and thermal (ThermXL, ESATAN) simulation tools
So, if you are ambitious, want to work in a challenging environment, and consider this position to match your professional experience and background as well as your personal interests, do not hesitate and send your CV and motivation letter via e-mail to: email@example.com no later than the 30th of June 2022.