You will be supporting ISISPACE in a joint project between our Mechanical and Software Department. The data acquisition tool for one of our environmental test facilities needs an update. It will be your task to define, develop and implement a new software chain based on the data acquisition hardware and software in house. For this, you will need to familiarize yourself with mechanical testing of space systems, communication with data acquisition systems and apply your knowledge to a real-life engineering problem. The project can be tailored to fit your curriculum or graduation progress.
Your main responsibilities:
• Familiarize yourself with current data acquisition hardware
• Familiarize yourself with mechanical environmental testing requirements
• Define requirements on new data acquisition software
• Develop new data acquisition software including GUI
• Currently studying (or recently finished) degree in Software Engineering or a related field such as IT/Computer Science Engineering or in Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering with a software background
• Experience with Python development
• Experience with GUI development, preferably with Qt
• Proficiency in English as a working language
• Knowledge of data acquisition systems
• Interest in multidisciplinary problems
• Interest in the space industry
• Ability to write technical documentation
So, if you are ambitious, want to work in a challenging environment, and consider this position to match your professional experience and background as well as your personal interests, do not hesitate and send your CV and motivation letter via e-mail to email@example.com.