In a fast-growing nanosatellite market, ISISPACE offers a broad portfolio of miniaturized components and subsystems that are both used in ISISPACE designed satellites and sold as standalone products to customers globally. Our challenging CubeSat and nanosat missions are used for a wide variety of purposes, for example testing out new technologies in space, atmospheric and climate monitoring, Internet of Things as well as deep space research.
In this position, you will be part of the team that operates the CubeSat satellites which the company is responsible for. This includes both long term, routine operations of our growing fleet of satellites as well as more intense, unpredictable commissioning activities of newly launched satellites. ISISPACE maintains its own Mission Operations Center in Delft which includes its own ground station, while also being connected to Ground Station Networks around the world.
Additionally, you will support the Ground Segment Software team in designing and developing Nominal Operations automation tools, therefore allowing you to control more satellites in the fleet with reduced human effort. Secondary tasks may include training activities of customers for operations. To achieve this, you will work closely with system engineering, fight software engineering and ground segment engineering.
Your main responsibilities:
• Day to day satellite operations for ISISPACE and its customers
• Commissioning of new satellites upon launch
• Continuous improvement of operations procedures and ground segment tools
• Provide inputs on and help realize concepts for the automated ground segment and satellite operations
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or a similar discipline
• 0 to 5 years of relevant work experience
• Experience with software development in C++ and Python languages
• Experience with multi-platform software development (Windows, Linux)
• Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
• Energetic team player with a positive and open mindset
• Excellent and straightforward communication skills (with proficiency in English)
• Experience with satellite operational concepts and ground systems
• Experience with version control and issue tracking systems
• Experience in signal processing, SDRs
• Experience with the Qt framework
• Experience in a similar role in the aerospace sector
So, if you are ambitious, want to work in a challenging environment, and consider this position to match your professional experience and background as well as your personal interests, do not hesitate and send your CV and motivation letter via e-mail to: email@example.com no later than the 28th of February 2022.