In a fast-growing nanosatellite market, ISISPACE offers a broad portfolio of miniaturized components and subsystems that are both used in ISISPACE designed satellites and sold as standalone products to customers globally. Our challenging CubeSat and nanosat missions are used for a wide variety of purposes, for example testing out new technologies in space, atmospheric and climate monitoring, Internet of Things as well as deep space research.
As a Ground Segment Software Engineer, you will work in a small and highly motivated team responsible for the software of the Ground Segment. In this function, you are part of our Software team but will collaborate with our Ground Station (RF&E) / Ground Segment (MAIV) team. ISISPACE maintains its own Mission Operations Center in Delft and from there communicates with and operates multiple satellites using a mix of in-house and third-party tools. On top of that, ISISPACE develops a Ground Segment product line ready to deploy at customer locations. The goal is to continue to improve the usability, scalability, reliability, and autonomy of the Ground Segment to support operating multiple satellites from multiple ground station locations. To achieve this, you will work closely with system engineering, project managers, subsystem experts, satellite operators and the sales team.
Your main responsibilities:
• Expand the functionality of the existing ground segment software according to specific project needs and capability roadmap
• Provide inputs on and help realize concepts for the automated ground segment and satellite operations
• Support all phases of mission operations by ensuring the smooth functioning of the Ground Segment
• Improve and expand interfacing of the ISISPACE systems with third-party solutions
• Support the deployment of Ground Segment products to customers.
• Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or a similar discipline
• 0 to 5 years of relevant work experience
• Experience with software development in C++, C, Java, and Python languages
• Experience with multi-platform software development (Windows, Linux)
• Energetic team player with a positive and open mindset
• Excellent and straightforward communication skills (in English and preferably also in Dutch)
• A great sense of responsibility and commitment
• A strategic and analytical mind
• A solution-driven work ethic, willing to go the extra mile if needed.
• Experience with version control and issue tracking systems
• Experience in signal processing, SDRs
• Experience with relational and time-series databases
• Experience with satellite operational concepts
• Experience with the Qt framework
• Experience with software messaging libraries, such as protobuf and ZMQ
• Experience with computer and network administration
So, if you are ambitious, want to work in a challenging environment, and consider this position to match your professional experience and background as well as your personal interests, do not hesitate and send your CV and motivation letter via e-mail to: email@example.com no later than the 6th of November 2021.