Please note that the November 21st ISILaunch03 DNEPR launch carries the Triton-1 satellite, but not the Triton-2 satellite. The launch date for the Triton-2 is still to be determined at this moment
After deployment from the ISIPOD, the satellite will be operating in safe mode.
The Triton-1 satellite carries two redundant TRXUV UHF/VHF transceivers, labeled TRXUV-0 and TRXUV-1.
To get in touch with the operations team, please use the following e-mail address: email@example.com
We would appreciate to receive reception reports or recordings of the downlink signal, please include the following information in your report:
- Name and callsign
- Location or Maidenhead gridsquare locator
- Date and time of reception (UTC)
- Frequency at which you have received Triton-1
- Satellite mode (indicate whether you have received a CW beacon or AX.25 beacon or both)
We will also be present in the #cubesat channel on the Freenode IRC network (irc.freenode.net)
- TRXUV-0 downlink frequency: 145.815 MHz
- TRXUV-1 downlink frequency: 145.860 MHz
- Satellite antenna polarization: linear
- Radio: alternating every two beacons between TRXUV-0 and TRXUV-1
- Modulation: CW / Morse code
- Speed: 15 words per minute
- Beacon interval: 30 seconds
- Beacon length: approx. 10 seconds
Safe mode beacon content
- X: character in the range A-Z
- Y: character in the range A-Z or number in the range 0-9
You can use the Safe mode beacon content decoder to translate the CW beacon characters to engineering values.
- Radio: TRXUV-0 or TRXUV-1 (only one of these will be active, no alternation). Radio selection is upon ground command.
- Modulation: Binary Phase Shift Keying (BPSK)
- Nominal data rate: 1200 bps (2400bps, 4800bps, 9600bps are possible upon ground command)
- Protocol: AX.25 UI frames
- Enoding: NRZI
- Beacon interval: 10 seconds
- TRXUV-0 callsigns:
- FROM: TRIV0 -0
- TO: TRIV0 -0
- TRXUV-1 callsigns:
- FROM: TRIV1 -0
- TO: TRIV1 -0
You can use the AX.25 beacon content decoder to translate the nominal mode beacon content to engineering values.
- Radio: TRXUV-0
- Transponder downlink frequency: 145.815 MHz
- Downlink modulation: Double Side Band
- Transponder uplink frequency: in 435-438MHz band, exact frequency to be announced at beginning of transponder operations
- Uplink modulation: Narrow Band Frequency Modulation, max 3.5kHz deviation