QB50 precursor amateur radio operator page
Welcome to the amateur radio operator page for the QB50 precursor missions. This mission is comprised of two satellites: QB50p1 and QB50p2
After deployment from the Quadpack, the satellite will be transmitting its CW beacon.
To get in touch with the operations team, please use the following e-mail address: email@example.com
We would appreciate to receive reception reports or recordings of the downlink signal, please include the following information in your report:
- Name and callsign
- Location or Maidenhead gridsquare locator
- Date and time of reception (UTC)
- Frequency at which you have received a QB50 precursor satellite
- Which of the two satellite you think you have heard
- Satellite transmission mode (indicate whether you have received a CW beacon or AX.25 beacon or both)
We will also be present in the #cubesat channel on the Freenode IRC network (irc.freenode.net)
To upload data received from either satellite, please go to upload.qb50.eu. For any questions regarding this upload page please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- QB50p1 downlink frequency: 145.815 MHz
- QB50p2 downlink frequency: 145.880 MHz
- Satellite antenna polarization: linear
- Modulation: CW / Morse code
- Speed: 15 words per minute
- Beacon interval: 45 seconds
- Beacon length: approx. 12 seconds
CW beacon content
You can use the CW beacon content decoder to translate the CW beacon characters to engineering values.
- ID: character to determine satellite ID
- X: character in the range A-Z
- Y: character in the range A-Z or number in the range 0-9
You can use the AX.25 beacon content decoder to translate the nominal mode beacon content to engineering values. Please note that the a beacon consists of two AX.25 frames, both of which are defined in the content decoder.
- Modulation: Binary Phase Shift Keying (BPSK)
- Nominal data rate: 1200 bps (2400bps, 4800bps, 9600bps are possible upon ground command)
- Protocol: AX.25 UI frames
- Enoding: NRZI
- Beacon interval: 10 seconds
- QB50p1 AX.25 callsigns:
- FROM: QB50P1-0
- TO: QB50P1-0
- QB50p2 AX.25 callsigns:
- FROM: QB50P2-0
- TO: QB50P2-0
The transponders will be activated after main mission completion
QB50p1 carries the FUNcube-3 400 mW inverting linear 435/145 MHz transponder provided by AMSAT-NL with support from AMSAT-UK.
- Uplink: 435.035-435.065 MHz LSB
- Downlink: 145.935-145.965 MHz USB
QB50p2 carries a 435/145 MHz FM transponder and FX25 data transmitter from AMSAT-Francophone.
- Uplink: To be announced
- Downlink: 145.840 MHz 9600 bps FSK FX25